The CRGSA Parents and Carers Association
The CRGSA is an enthusiastic body of parents and carers who work alongside the School to raise funds, organise social events and provide refreshments at school productions and parents’ evenings.
This is a thoroughly enjoyable and worthwhile cause and one which constantly needs new committee members and volunteers, occasional helpers and anyone who has a particular expertise to offer.
Join Us! The CRGSA meetings take place each month in the school library at 7.45pm. The meeting is open to all so do please come along, meet some other parents and find out more about CRGSA. We aim to complete all business by 9.30pm.
Please also note that you do not have to come to meetings to be a member or help out with CRGSA. So much can be achieved by e-mail these days that as long as you are contactable by email and have some time and inclination to help, you're in! Do please get in touch and let us know where your interests/talents lie and you too can make a hugely welcome contribution to our fundraising.
What has the CRGSA provided?
Over recent years, the money raised from our events has enabled the school to buy, among many other things:
- Cashless catering system
- Two defibrillators
- Audio-visual projection system for the hall
- Grand piano
- New minibus
- Kiln for the Art studios
- Replacement lockers for Years 7-11
- Work planners for all students
- Heads of Year prizes at Speech Day
- Prefect badges and ties
- Chairs for the Sixth Form common room
- Benches for the school grounds
- Baritone saxophones for the school Brass Band
- Sound and lighting system for the School Hall
- Laser-cutter for the Technology workshop